Chad N. Johnston
Chad Johnston is a Shareholder with Willoughby & Hoefer, P.A., in Columbia and has a general business and administrative litigation practice, encompassing the representation of water, sewer, and electric utilities, state and local governmental entities, corporate entities, as well as individual and institutional securities and investment mismanagement litigation. In addition to general litigation, Chad’s practice extends across the spectrum of representation, from front-end environmental permitting, contract and economic development issues, to the handling of post-litigation appeals.
A native of Frankfort, Kentucky, Chad holds a B.A. from Wofford College in French and Intercultural Studies for Business with German. Following Wofford, Chad completed the joint JD/IMBA program (German Track) at the University of South Carolina School of Law and Moore School of Business.
Prior to joining Willoughby & Hoefer, Chad served as law clerk to the Honorable Kaye G. Hearn, Justice of the Supreme Court of South Carolina, for three years, encompassing Justice Hearn’s final two years as Chief Judge of the South Carolina Court of Appeals and first year as a Justice on the Supreme Court.
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court, South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Carolina Moore School of Business, I.M.B.A.
- Wofford College, B.A.
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Leadership Columbia, Graduate
- S.C. Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate
- Wofford College Alumni Executive Council, Former Board Member
- S.C. Bar Environment and Natural Resources Section, Former Chair
- S.C. Chamber of Commerce, Environmental Tech Committee Member