Originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Liz attended Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California-Berkeley where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and graduated with honors. She served as a briefing attorney for U.S. District Judge A.J. Zirpoli of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and then practiced law in Austin, Texas for six years before coming to South Carolina and joining the Willoughby & Hoefer firm in 1995.
Liz assists clients in litigation matters in business, contractual and employment disputes and in the litigation and arbitration of disputes arising out of the mismanagement of securities, trust and financial assets. She is a Board of Directors member of the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association and served as the group’s president in 2011. She is a founding board member of the SCWLA Foundation.
- South Carolina Bar
- Texas Bar
- California Bar (inactive)
- United States District Court: South Carolina; Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas; Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals: Fourth, Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- University of California, Berkeley – Boalt School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, M.S.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.S.
- The Honorable A.J. Zirpoli, U.S. District Court, Northern District, California
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers’ Association, President (2011)
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association