J. Patrick Hudson
A native of Georgetown, South Carolina, Pat is a graduate of Davidson College and the University of South Carolina School of Law. Pat began his legal career as a captain in the Army’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
Upon returning to South Carolina Pat worked in the private practice area of law and in the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office. His last position was as a Chief Deputy Attorney General where he managed the state’s asbestos litigation and post-conviction relief sections. During this time Pat represented the state and its agencies in administrative, trial and appellate proceedings.
Pat left the government sector and joined SCANA Corporation serving in a variety of legal and executive positions. During his time as Director of the Legal Department, Pat managed litigation and transactional work in the areas of bankruptcy, contracts, employment & labor, environmental, and real estate. Pat also served as Vice President of Human Resources and most recently as Corporate Compliance and Privacy Officer. Upon retirement from SCANA, Pat became Of Counsel to the law firm of Willoughby & Hoefer.
Pat is a certified South Carolina Circuit Court Mediator and is a member of the Board of Trustees of Benedict College.
- South Carolina Bar
- Tsinghua University School of Law, LL.M. in Chinese Law with a concentration in International Arbitration and Dispute Settlement
- University South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Carolina, The Darla Moore School of Business – B.A. (Marketing) and B.A. (Management), Minor of Chinese language and culture
- ABA, International Arbitration Committee, General Steering Group
- Charlotte International Arbitration Society, Programming and Marketing Committee
- Order of the Letterman, Gamecock Track and Field
- SC Bar; International Law and Dispute Resolution Sections
- Willem C. Vis Moot Court Alumni Association, Communication Team & Journal Editor
- Young Oil Gas Energy Mining Infrastructure Dispute Management
- Young Alumni Board, Darla Moore School of Business
- Youth Corps of Columbia, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association Practice Pointers: In Re Kleimar Case Review(May 15, 2017)
- Young Arbitrators Review: We Want to be in the Room Where it Happens: A Demand for Practical Transparency in International Commercial Arbitration (April 25, 2017)
- Journal for Transnational Dispute Management: Take Responsibility for Your Actions: A Review of Dr. Barbara Warwas’ Inaugural Text (March 3, 2017)
- China Law Blog: 2016 China Arbitration Developments (January 7, 2017)
- Editor, Tsinghua University Law Review (2014-2015)