John M. S. Hoefer
A native of Columbia, South Carolina, John previously served as a Staff Attorney with the South Carolina Attorney General and as Counsel to the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct (Ethics Committee) for the United States House of Representatives. For more than 30 years, John’s practice has focused on representing regulated industries before various administrative agencies and courts in utility ratemaking, state and local taxation, and environmental permitting and enforcement issues.
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Clemson University, B.A.
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Judicial Council, Member
- South Carolina Supreme Court Office of Disciplinary Counsel, Attorney-to-Assist the Disciplinary Counsel
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association, Board Member
- Editorial Board, Appellate Practice in South Carolina
- Clemson University College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities, Humanities Advancement Board
- University of South Carolina School of Law, First Year Student Mentor
- Clemson University, Board of Visitors (2007-2010)
- Hearing Officer, South Carolina Department of Revenue, Alcoholic Beverage Control Division (1993)
- Captain, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, U.S. Army Reserve, 1988-1996. Active duty in Southwest Asia, 1990-1991.
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, 2018-present