John W. Roberts
Originally from West Chester, Pennsylvania, John has extensive experience in corporate transactions and business litigation. John’s transactions practice covers a broad spectrum of corporate matters, including business planning and structuring, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation, and general corporate counseling. He also has training in tax matters, including a Masters of Law in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he was named a Graduate Tax Scholar.
John has wide-ranging litigation and arbitration experience in business and administrative matters as well. He has appeared before all trial and appellate court levels in South Carolina and has represented clients before the federal district and circuit courts.
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court, South Carolina
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals: Fourth, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Charleston School of Law, Magna Cum Laude, J.D.
- Clemson University, B.A.
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Family Connection of South Carolina, Board Member
- Board Chair, 2019-present
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Mentor
- Historic Columbia, Palladium Society, Former Board Member
- Charleston School of Law Alumni Association, Columbia Chapter, Former President
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2015
- 2017 Leadership in Law Honoree, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly
- Legal Elite, Columbia Business Monthly, 2017, 2020 (Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021 (Tax Law)