Originally from Mullins, South Carolina, Mitch has practiced law for more than 38 years. Mitch began his practice as an attorney with the Public Service Commission of South Carolina, where he was engaged in facets of rate, compliance, safety and operational regulation of regulated utilities, telecommunications companies, and transportation carriers. Since entering private practice in 1977, Mitch has assisted clients in matters involving litigation of business and contractual disputes; class action litigation from both the plaintiff’s and defendant’s perspective; litigation and arbitration on behalf of investors who have lost money in their securities, trust and financial accounts due to mismanagement or fraud; business transactions; acquisition of and disputes related to utility rights of way, easements, and other real property interests; administrative law cases involving health care licensing issues; and regulatory cases for companies providing gas, electric, telecommunications, water, sewer and common carrier services. Mitch is a certified arbitrator by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the American Arbitration Association.
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals: Fourth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Supreme Court
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Clemson University, B.S.
- United States Army War College
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association (currently serving as an elected representative to the House of Delegates from the Fifth Judicial Circuit)
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- First Community Bank, a Founding Shareholder and Chairman of the Board
- S.C. Baptist Hospital, Former Board Member
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce, Former Board Member, Former General Counsel
- Retired as a Brigadier General from the South Carolina Army National Guard with a total of 36 years of military service (3 years active duty with the U.S. Army, 33 years with the SCANG)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-present (Administrative/Regulatory Law)
- Best Lawyers in America 2015, 2018 Administrative/Regulatory Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbia
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell (designation held for over 25 years)